About Me

My photo
Hello Blog world! My name is Kelly and I am an aspiring fashion blogette. I currently work in the fashion industry at DSW as a Merchandiser in the capital city Columbus,OH. I am also a stylist for Stella & Dot jewels and accessories. Check out my site to purchase at www.stelladot.com/sites/kellynagle. I am a foodie,wine connoisseur, tv junkie, and am obsessed with new music and going to concerts. I danced for 18 years of my life and am dying to get back into it. That pretty much sums up my life thus far.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fancy Foodie Weekend

So this weekend consisted of me trying some new DELICIOUS foods at some of the most talked about restaurants in Columbus.  I promised you that I was a foodie, so I figured I would talk about some of the fabulous foods that I tried this weekend. 

Pictured below is the Pot Roast Sandwich from Tip Top with Eggplant fries that have Bloody Mary and Ranch sauces to dip them in.  Believe it or not I have lived in Columbus for 5 years and this was the first time that I had a sit down meal at Tip Top.  I had been there for a casual beer and dabbled in the mac and cheese with a group of friends one night, but that was about it.  But let me tell you I have been missing out!  This place was amazing!  I am like literally craving this meal everyday all the time now.  I highly recommend it for all you foodies out there that love some unhealthy comfort food.

I have always wanted to go to Lindey's for their weekend brunch, and this past Sunday I was finally able to go!  I had some friends in from out of town and wanted to show them all the hot spots of Columbus so I thought the atmosphere at Lindey's would be perfect.  I feel it has a very European feel on the patio.  However, I have never been to Europe so I can't be sure of this, but in my mind that patio is how Europe would feel.  The Mimosas and Eggs Benedict were perfection.  Oh yea and I thought it would be a good idea to get a cup of lobster bisque.  I LOVE lobster bisque.  Any sorta bisque for that matter, I am all about it.  Note to my readers:  DO NOT wear heather grey in the dead middle of summer.  Although, I love this color, not the best in heat.  I am sure the soup didn't help.  That's all I am gonna say :)


Next stop on our Sunday tour of Columbus, is my FAVORITE ice cream shop, Jeni's!  My friend John below has heard me rave about Jeni's for years so he was pretty excited to try it out.  So excited in fact that he literally tried almost every flavor.  Those taster spoons are no joke people.  That is how many flavors he tried.  Brings me back to my days as an ice cream scooper at Bruster's in high school.  I tried about every flavor on every shift.  I would ruin waffle cones on purpose so I could put caramel sauce on and eat them.  Some of my absolute fave Jeni's flavors are Brown Butter Almond Brittle, Goat Cheese and Red Cherries, Bangkok Peanut (spicy!), Queen City Cayenne (also spicy!), Whiskey Pecan, Backyard Mint, and the infamous Sweet Corn and Black Raspberry.  Little note to fellow out of towners, you can order ice cream pints online and they will deliver it straight to your house!  Certain grocery stores are carrying Jeni's now too so check locations on the site to see if there is one close to you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment